Career Visits (work experience)
Career visit are suitable for those who intend to study medicine and want a shadowing opportunity specifically concerned with the work in primary care.
Applicants must be at least 16 years old and for some observational experiences students need to be 17 or 18 years old.
What does a career visit include
- Visit the practice for a period of 1-3 days
- Have a named mentor
- Receive an induction at the beginning of the visit
- Shadow a GP during patient appointments/visits
- Spend time in the reception area
- Attend a clinical meeting (if available)
Availability is limited to six to ten places each year. Preference will go to students who live/study or have a connection with the local area.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV’s to LEWCCG.firstname.lastname@example.org